Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Internet Chain Letters, Statuses, and Post

I really wish I could stop and destroy all internet chain letters. Whenever I come across one I must stop and read the entire letter. I do not know why I must do this, I know exactly where I will end up, pissed off. The latest one I read was just atrocious to me, most likely because it had to do with religion which usually add a little gasoline to any mental flame of mine. It took me literally 30 seconds to debunk it. One simple Google Search will lead you to the great www.snopes.com and it can solve all of your problems! Why must someone spread something that is easily debunked? And as I go back to see the post, it has 8 likes and one positive comment! AHHH!!!! You are spreading this virus of a post, that is completely fabricated and people think it's true.

Out of practice, I do not forward chain letter post. I do not even read the "You MUST read this heartfelt American Soldier story" emails that get forwarded to me. But if I did, I would at least make sure the damn thing was true before doing it!

In case you are interested, the post that set me off was this one as reported by Snopes as false http://www.snopes.com/religion/einstein.asp

Snopes and Wikiquote should be your friend.

Signed,
I like to complain about things so I followed my wife's advice and started a blog just so you can waste your time reading my complaints and not have the ability to comment.